Smoked Pimento and Chorizo Penne
1. Penne pasta - 2 cups
2. Nomad's chorizo jam - 2 tbsp
3. Pimentos (bell peppers) - 2 (medium size)
4. Tomato - 1 (medium size)
5. Onion - 1 (medium size)
6. Garlic - 3 to 4 cloves
7. All purpose flour - 1 tbsp
8. Butter - 1 tbsp
9. Milk - 1 cup
10. Cheddar cheese powder - 1 tbsp
11. Cheese (any kind, preferably cheddar cheese) - 100 g
12. Grated nutmeg - 1⁄2 tsp
13. Oregano - 1 tsp
14. Pepper - 1 tsp
15. Salt - as required
1. Boil 5 cups of water and season it with salt. When it starts boiling, add the pasta to it and let it cook till al dente. Once cooked drain and set aside.
2. Char the pimentos, tomato, onion and garlic. Remove the charred skin and the seeds from the veggies and roughly chop it up.
3. Blend the veggies to a smooth paste.
4. Combine the charred pimento mixture with some white sauce and add the chorizo jam.
Heat this up to infuse all the flavours, till it thickens.
5. Add the pasta to this sauce and combine.
6. Check the seasoning and add more if required.
To make white sauce
● Heat some butter and grate some garlic to this. Add the flour and cook until the
mixture is bubbly.
● Add room temperature milk to this while whisking the mixture - to get rid of any
● Add salt, pepper, oregano and grate some fresh nutmeg to the sauce.
● Add the cheese and cheese powder and give it a good stir.