Tomato Soup with Chorizo Jam
Who doesn't love a porky Tomato soup in this chilly monsoon weather. Its an easy recipe to spoon out and is perfect for enjoying as a hearty lunch or dinner. The Chorizo Jam is the perfect touch require to uplift your soul!
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Finely chopped Onions 1 medium size
- Garlic (chopped) – 5-6 cloves
- Tomato 500 grams
- Basil 4-5 leaves
- Thyme- ½ tsp
- Black Pepper- to taste
- All purpose flour – 1 tbsp
- Sugar- a pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Cream – for garnish
- Water/ Vegetable Stock- 1 Cup
- Nomad’s Chorizo Jam – go crazy
- In a cooking pot, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté for 10 mins, or until they are thoroughly caramelized.
- Add a spoon of all purpose flour and saute for a minute.
- Add the big chunks of tomatoes, basil, thyme, pepper and chorizo jam into the pot and cook it to a simmer.
- Puree the mixture and add back to the pot.
- Add the water/ vegetable stock. Cover the pot and let it cook for 20-25 mins.
- Add Cream to the soup to give it some richness.
- Add salt and sugar to taste.
- Pair it with a grilled cheese sandwich or enjoy it with croutons.